Saturday, March 14, 2015

Restored relationships (1)

A few weeks ago I started a new blog series on my Dutch blog; a series about the four levels of reconciliation. I want to share it on this blog as well, because I believe it will be a great help in building healthy and strong relationships.

Reconciliation is a beautiful topic and at the same time a very sensitive and difficult topic. We all experience disappointment in relationships. We get discouraged, we have too high expectations, we give too much, or too little... well, you name it.

When I started thinking about this topic, I realized that reconciliation is the Biblical basis for healthy friendships and relationships. Reconciliation is kind of an eminent word that isn't used much in our daily language. It means: end of conflict, restoration of friendly relations, reunion, bringing together (again), restoration of peace...

Reconciliation basically means 'restored relationship' and that is really the heart of God, the foundation of the Christian faith. At the beginning of this year my husband and I spoke at a conference in Germany about the theme reconciliation, about the four levels of reconciliation to be precise. The response to those messages was compelling and I think that sharing this topic (in a short version) on this blog will give fresh inspiration to you . The four levels I want to write about are:
  • Reconciliation between God and mankind
  • Reconciliation between God and Israel
  • Reconciliation between Jews and gentiles
  • Reconciliation between you and the people around you
The exploration and better understanding of this theme will contribute to healthy relationships in our lives. I hope you will read along and invite others to join us for this series.

2 comments:

  1. Marja:Thank you for sharing this topic with us. We all need to learn about reconcilation because we have to find peace within ourselves over the issues we may have in our hearts and lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true Cecelia, reconciliation (restoration of peace) on ALL levels!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit, it is my hope and prayer that this post was an encouragement to you! Feel free to leave a comment.